Return to SCSRA Home Page
Welcome to the library! Featured here are literary selections about a variety
of subjects, from a humorous look at the development of the Diesel engine, to
historical documents detailing the heritage of the American railways. We are
always looking for new material to add to this collection. Should you have a
selection or idea which you would like to submit, contact the SCSRA
Dispatcher. Materials here are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Railroad Related Humor (true or otherwise!)
- HotRail! Newsletter - Our current
quarterly newsletter, a joint venture with the Fullerton Railway Plaza
- The HEADLIGHT - Past issues of our
former quarterly publication.
- The Seven Eras of Rapid Transit
Planning in Los Angeles by Robert P. Sechler, 1983.
Overview of what was, until a short time ago, Los Angeles's
greatest non-success story
- Travel Town by Gerald M. Best, 1956.
Historical booklet, originally printed in 1956 about the Travel Town Museum.
Many historical photos are featured.
- The Whyte Wheel Classification System for
- A Typical Narrow Gauge Story - The Oahu
- The Life of a Pullman Porter - A
historical look at the ambassadors of a different era of rail travel.
- Exerpts from the Pullman Rulebook,
"Instructions to Porters, Attendants, and Bus Boys"
- General Rules from the Standard Code of
Operating Rules, adopted January 1986, Assoc. of American Railroads
- General Code of
Operating Rules, unofficial text for reference only
from the website of the San
Diego Railroad Museum